We are currently accepting applications for 2017-2018 school year.
Society for Human Resource Management P.R. Scholarship
We are currently accepting applications for 2017-2018 school year. Only for SHRM members.
Kinesis awarded the first scholarship in 2004 and more than 400 Puerto Rican students with limited economic resources have received this assistance. This financial support is available for students in both undergraduate and graduate levels. The Kinesis scholarships are competitive (we have limited spaces) and seek to complement the economic gap that the student may have to complete college. To select scholarship recipients, a financial analysis is carried out where the economic contributions of all parties meaning government, institutions, family and student contributions and college costs are evaluated in order to advise the student to complete university studies outside Puerto Rico.
Fulbright scholarship awarded by
Scholars since 2004
Millions of dollars in scholarships awarded
- Be a resident of Puerto Rico
- Students entering their bachelor’s degree should have a GPA of 3.5 or more. Students who are currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree or will start graduate studies must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be admitted to an accredited university outside of Puerto Rico. Must present letter of admission.
- Complete the online application on or before the deadline established by Kinesis
- Commit to the social and economic development of Puerto Rico
The most searched
- Access the online application
- Accept Terms and Conditions of Kinesis
- Complete the Initial Certification
- Complete the Personal Data section
- Complete Academic Readiness section
- Complete Financial Analysis section
- Attach required PDF documents
- University Admission Letter
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid Package
- 200-word essay, explaining how will your college major help you contribute to the social and economic development of Puerto Rico
- Updated Resume
- Photo ID or Passport
- Last two Tax Return Forms or a Certificate of 5 year filling
- Degree Curriculum
- Most Recent Transcripts
- Once the online application is submitted, the Scholarship Committee will carry out an assessment to verify the student’s information.
- The Board of Directors decides the allocation of the scholarships.
- The Kinesis scholarships are awarded according to financial need and economic assistance from the university and the federal government.
- The data submitted in the application process is not subject to change. Therefore, submitted financial and academic information is considered to be final. If changes are requested after submitting the information, scholarships already granted may be removed or canceled.
- Notifications will be sent between the last week of May and the first week of June.
- Kinesis scholars are expected to meet the eligibility criteria each college term.
- The application renewal process takes place annually after finishing the academic year. As in the original application, scholars must submit the required documents
- Significant changes may affect eligibility or grant amount. It is the student’s responsibility to check and comply with the deadline to submit the renewal application.
- The student shall notify Kinesis of any changes that may impact the eligibility for receiving the scholarship
- It is the Kinesis scholar’s responsibility to comply with the rules and regulations established by the university. Any regulatory or statutory violation will result in the removal and suspension of the scholarship.
- Comply with the community service, mentoring and emotional requirements established by Kinesis.
- The scholarships are disbursed at the beginning of each semester of the academic term. These dates may vary for international students in universities.
- Payments are made directly to the university. No payments or disbursements are issued to students or parents.
- Payments are made countering official invoices provided by the university.
- The scholarships are for covering tuition costs.
- The Kinesis Foundation notifies the university about the scholarship, specifically the financial aid office.
- Upon renewal, the document that breaks down thefinancial aid provided should include the Kinesis scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Kinesis offer scholarships for research and exchange programs?
No. Kinesis scholarships are given to students who pursue their college degrees out of Puerto Rico. The foundation makes a commitment with the student for the time it takes to complete the degree.
If I already began my studies, can I still apply for the scholarship?
Yes. You must meet the requirements for admission to the Kinesis scholarship in order to apply. It is important that the applicant indicates the degree and year when filling out the application.
Does the Kinesis scholarship have a specific amount?
No. The amount varies according to the financial need of each applicant.
Can you apply for a Kinesis scholarship after the call date?
No. Applications are accepted only within the call date.
Is the Kinesis scholarship a full scholarship?
No. This scholarship is partial and complimentary to the economic gap the student may have.
Where do I include the required documents?
Space is provided at the end of the application to attach the documents in PDF format.